Happiness is a daughter from the D raised by UAW International Union parents striking on a Writers Guild of America West picket line.
Wish the studios were interested in doing the write thing and that it hadn’t come to this, but I’m proud to strike with my fellow writers for what we’ve more than earned and what we ABSOLUTELY deserve. #wgastrong#WGA#WritersGuildofAmerica #writersstrike
(1) I was planning to picket at Warner Brothers — the studio around the corner of my Burbank apartment when I first moved to Hollyweird 26 years ago, but my GPS decided otherwise and I ended up at Universal, instead.
(2) My sign. See what I did there?
(3) Met this nice couple as soon as I arrived. They’re both TV writers and new parents of a 6 month old babygirl. They really have so much on the line as new parents. Yet, they’re still striking and happy to do it, because they know how much is at stake for us as writers.
(4) Soon, my lifelong friend Tamiko arrived. I picked up her sign and was hyped to strike with it, too!
(5) Me and Miko. Two girls from the D raised by UAW card-carrying parents. We outchea!