“Book Tour In a Box: How To Build A Successful Novel Tour On A Budget….without selling your soul or losing your mind.”
But that made for a really crowded header, so I condensed it. Besides, you don’t have time to waste reading long titles — You got a book tour to build.
THAT’S RIGHT. I said BUILD, not PLAN.
You see — like most new independent authors (myself included in 2010) — you’re holding onto a fantasy. And it goes a little something like this…
- Indie publish your masterpiece.
- Sell millions of copies.
- Become the surprise darling of the literary world.
- Land the front page of the New York Times.
- Get chosen as Oprah’s Book Club favorite.
- Sign a six figure deal to turn your novel into a blockbuster movie.
- THEN, go on an international book tour with fans lining up for miles just to get your autograph.
Pretty close, right?
Yeah, well, I don’t want to burst your bubble, Fam, because miracles can happen.
But…90% of the scenario I just described – in the sage words of the late, great rapper Biggie Smalls – will most likely remain “All a dream” for you.
Again, myself included.
A bummer. Sure. But let’s focus on the silver lining.
There are two things that you can control. The first is indie publishing your novel. The second — Building your book tour.
I’m here to tell you that you shouldn’t do one without the other and you MUST do both simultaneously.
Call me crazy if you want, but to cut through the noise and get anyone besides you momma and dem:
- To pay attention to you
- Buy your novel
- And show up for your eventual cyber or face to face to book tour…you NEED to get a jump on things weeks and months in advance.
One more thing for you to think about. I know. That’s why I’m going to be offering you tips to help you keep the plates spinning.
Tune in here and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
Also, check out these three blog posts I published a while back, outlining the steps you should take to indie publish. Consider it a free refresher course. 🙂